My brother gave me this Cola de Caballo or Horsetail Tea. This uninviting name is derived from when people used to tie the horsetail plant to a horse’s tail to ward off flies.
Anyway, my brother claims it’s really good for hair growth, and since I’m always on the lookout for invigorating products for my hair, horsetail tea is on the cards this morning. I made mine with a teaspoon of manuka honey and it tasted great.
It’s beneficial to drink an herbal tea and water first thing in the morning. Think about it, your body utilizes water while you’re sleeping, so it makes sense to replenish your body with loads of water upon waking up. No one likes dehydration, so fight it by adding a tea like this in your morning routine. Now you’re ready for the day.
HORSETAIL TEA BENEFITS:
- Promotes hair growth and is great for your scalp
- Fights arthritis and osteoporosis because it strengthens your bones
- Promotes blood clotting, which is good for making your menstruation more regular and treating bleeding gums and bloody noses
- Good diuretic. It’ll wash away toxins and other nonsense giving your kidneys a much needed break
- Strengthens your lungs. The silicic acid in the tea strengthens the walls of the air sacs and makes them stronger. Good for athletes!
- Strong nails. Now that’s a bonus! Particularly if you’ve used false nails in the past.
- Good for treating ulcers and hyperacidity