There’s nothing quite as refreshing as some lemon water first thing in the morning. Lemons are first-class warriors for helping out the liver, which means it’s a phenomenal drink for our bodies.
It’s loaded with vitamin C, calcium, phosphorous, potassium and magnesium too! There are so many benefits to drinking lemon water that I could be here all day! However, I can’t blog all day, so here are some of the benefits.
10 Benefits of Drinking Lemon Water:
- Lowers high blood pressure
- Reduces phlegm in the body
- Removes free radicals from your body and supports your immune system
- Dissolves kidney stones, gallstones and pancreatic stones – basically all of the evil stones
- If you’re pregnant, drink up! It’ll build strong bones for you little one
- Its antibacterial properties helps keep unwanted bacteria at bay
- Have digestion problems? Drink lemon water! It helps keep your colon clean and relieves symptoms, such as heartburn, bloating and burping
- It dissolves uric acid and other nasty toxins from the body. This reduces the symptoms of gout and arthritis
- Anti-aging remedy! The vitamin C gives your skin a glow and keeps you looking young
- Helps you lose weight faster by boosting your metabolism. Wave goodbye to stubborn belly fat
In his classic 1939 book Back to Eden, Jethro Kloss, the father of herbalists points out:
“Lemon is a wonderful stimulant to the liver and is a dissolvent of uric acid and other poisons, liquefies the bile, and is very good in cases of malaria. Sufferers of chronic rheumatism and gout will benefit by taking lemon juice, also those who have a tendency to bleed, uterine haemorrhages, etc”
He goes on to add: “… Lemon is an antiseptic, or is an agent that prevents sepsis [the presence of pathogenic bacteria] or putrefaction [decomposition of tissue]. It is also anti-scorbutic, a term meaning a remedy which will prevent disease and assist in cleansing the system of impurities.”