I discovered coconut water years ago and fell in love with it! It’s an ideal post workout drink, although some people dislike the taste.
Celebrities like Madonna, Rihanna, Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio, and Gwyneth Paltrow helped boost coconut water’s popularity by touting it’s benefits and carrying it in public.
What’s Coconut Water?
It’s the translucent liquid inside young coconuts. It’s loaded with protein, potassium, iron, calcium, folate, vitamin B6, vitamin C, sodium, magnesium, and other nutrients. This electrolyte weapon makes it a fabulous sports drink – way better than the leading commercial sports drinks.
Did you know that coconut water’s electrolyte content is comparable to human plasma? Doctors used coconut water as an intravenous fluid in the past!
Why should I drink this after exercising?
You lose a lot of water and electrolytes when you sweat. That’s why it’s important to drink a lot of water afterwards. Adding coconut water on top of water is an added bonus. You’ll kick dehydration in the face by replacing the lost electrolytes with this ultimate hydration drink.
Dehydration is serious business and shouldn’t be taken lightly. Dehydration is imperative for athletes, pregnant and nursing mothers, the elderly, anyone who’s ill, and those who like kicking back on grandpa’s old cough medicine. That’s why coconut water makes a great hangover drink.
Headaches, tiredness, fatigue, muscle cramping and fogginess are signs of dehydration, so instead of reaching for a coffee or tea, reach for some coconut water or pure water. 🙂
What are the benefits?
- Drink it religiously, and it’ll help decrease wrinkles and sagging skin
- Eliminates swelling in hands and feet
- Good for those suffering from hepatitis
- Carries nutrients and oxygen to cells
- Assists in digestion by getting rid of toxins
- Promotes weight loss
- Its anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal properties help boost the immune system
- Treats and prevents kidney stones
- Makes your skin smooth and supple
- Boosts energy naturally unlike energy drinks
- Contains more potassium than a banana