Nature’s Second Best Drink

Nature's Perfect Drink by Vivien Veil

I discovered coconut water years ago and fell in love with it!  It’s an ideal post workout drink, although some people dislike the taste.

Celebrities like Madonna, Rihanna, Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio, and Gwyneth Paltrow helped boost coconut water’s popularity by touting it’s benefits and carrying it in public.

celebrities drinking coconut water

What’s Coconut Water?

It’s the translucent liquid inside young coconuts.  It’s loaded with protein, potassium, iron, calcium, folate, vitamin B6, vitamin C, sodium, magnesium, and other nutrients. This electrolyte weapon makes it a fabulous sports drink – way better than the leading commercial sports drinks.

Did you know that coconut water’s electrolyte content is comparable to human plasma? Doctors used coconut water as an intravenous fluid in the past!

Why should I drink this after exercising?

You lose a lot of water and electrolytes when you sweat.  That’s why it’s important to drink a lot of water afterwards.  Adding coconut water on top of water is an added bonus. You’ll kick dehydration in the face by replacing the lost electrolytes with this ultimate hydration drink.

Dehydration is serious business and shouldn’t be taken lightly.  Dehydration is imperative for athletes, pregnant and nursing mothers, the elderly, anyone who’s ill, and those who like kicking back on grandpa’s old cough medicine.  That’s why coconut water makes a great hangover drink.

Headaches, tiredness, fatigue, muscle cramping and fogginess are signs of dehydration, so instead of reaching for a coffee or tea, reach for some coconut water or pure water.  🙂

What are the benefits?

• Drink it religiously, and it’ll help decrease wrinkles and sagging skin
  • Eliminates swelling in hands and feet
  • Good for those suffering from hepatitis
  • Carries nutrients and oxygen to cells
  • Assists in digestion by getting rid of toxins
  • Promotes weight loss
  • Its anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal properties help boost the immune system
  • Treats and prevents kidney stones
  • Makes your skin smooth and supple
  • Boosts energy naturally unlike energy drinks
  • Contains more potassium than a banana

With so many coconut water brands popping up, which ones do you buy?  Check out my popular article “The Truth About Coconut Water” to learn which shop brands are the best and which ones to avoid.

Advertisements

7 comments on “Nature’s Second Best Drink

1. Jennifer says:

I always see pictures of celebrities drinking this and was wondering what the heck is so great about it. Now I know.

2. Jason Vale says:

Hi, I’m digging this article on coconut water. I use coconut water in some of my smoothies and it adds a great touch to all of them. Coconut water is one of nature’s wonders. Make sure to check out my book “7 lbs in 7 days”

3. Lucy says:

Coconut water is expensive to drink though, but yeah, I see what you mean about all of the benefits. I guess I could stop drinking wine…

4. Enrique says:

What a good article on coconut water. I was looking for something other than water to drink, but also healthier than juice.
    Thanks for pointing me to the right direction!

5. Gale Overbo says:

Hey there. I found your blog through Bing. This is an extremely well written article. I’ll be sure to bookmark your website it and come back to read more of your useful info. Thanks again for the post. I will definitely be returning soon.

6. Thanks , I’ve recently been searching for info about this subject for a long time and yours is the best I have found out so far. However, what about the conclusion? Are you certain in regards to the supply?

7. Luke says:

SO is that you in the top pic? Nice profile if it is.

8. Orval Hruby says:

Thank you, I’ve recently been looking for info about this subject for ages and yours is the best I’ve discovered so far. However, what concerning the bottom line? Are you positive in regards to the supply?

9. E-bike says:

… [Trackback]…

[…] Read More: vivienveil.com/2011/11/06/natures-second-best-drink-coconut-water/ […]…

10. Perfect posting out there. I usually never allow a day of the week conclude withouth obtaining latest related information from this resource site.

What are you waiting for? Please leave a comment below.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s