By: Vivien Veil
Carrots are one of the healthiest vegetables you can add to your diet. Furthermore, carrots are loaded with so many benefits that you’d be silly not to eat them or even juice them.
All you need are organic carrots. Eating non organic vegetables and fruits means you’re also eating the pesticide residue, so if possible, try and buy organic produce.
Thankfully, carrots aren’t listed as part of the Dirty Dozen’s heavily sprayed with pesticide list. More on that in the next post.
Carrots are a must have if you suffer from vitamin A deficiency. How do you know if you need more vitamin A?
Lack of Vitamin A creates havoc on your body. Do you have any of these symptoms? If so, you better stock up on these orange delights! And of course, thank Iran and Afghanistan for bringing them to the Western world.
Had I known about this when I was a child, I would’ve begged my mother to feed me carrots. Maybe if I ate lots of carrots as a child, I wouldn’t have needed to wear glasses and contacts. Who knows…
Vitamin A Deficiency List:
- Conjunctivitis (inflammation of the eye) – aka pink eye or madras eye
- Colour blindness
- Visual impairment and blindess
- Sensitive eyes, fear of strong light (photophobia)
- Dry skin
- Keratosis (goose-pimple like skin)
- Skin cancer
- Warts, moles
- Wrinkles or ageing skin
- Dry hair
- Peeling nails and ridges on nails
- Weak immune system
BENEFITS OF CARROTS
- Loaded with Carotene. No other veggie or fruit comes close.
- Fantastic source of Calcium Pectate, Vitamins B and C
- Excellent for dehydration. It’s 87% water!
- Good source of Potassium, B6, B1, B2, B12, Copper, Folic, Thiamine and Magnesium, Phosphorus, chlorine, and Sulfur
- Great for water retention
- Strong antioxidant! It goes straight into the bloodstream.
- Prevents cancer
- High in vitamin K and E
- Magnifies the quality of breast milk
- Gives you beautiful skin, hair and nails
- Lowers cholesterol, but you need to take it regularly
- Adrenal Fatigue? Eat carrots!
- Improves eye health
- Regulates blood sugar
- Full of fiber, so your colon will thank you
- Removes bacterial infection from your kidneys
- Good for scalp circulation because of vitamin E