I absolutely love jojoba oil for my skin. It’s the ONLY oil similar to human sebum, so it’s perfect for your skin!
WHAT IS JOJOBA?
Jojoba’s pronounced as “ho-H0-bah.” Don’t let them catch you saying, “Joe-joe-bah.” Jojoba originates from California and hails from the Simmondsia chinensis family. You may remember seeing that name in your skin care products, e.g. moisturisers and cleansers.
This wild shrub dwells in the deserts of Arizona, California and Mexico. Due to its popularity, many other countries are now growing jojoba, e.g. Argentina, Australia, Israel, and Peru.
The seeds below hold this anti-ageing ester. Best of all, it doesn’t go bad quickly like almond oil and coconut oil – that’s because it doesn’t contain triglycerides. Jojoba oil has so many benefits! Soon you’ll see why I can’t get enough of it.
“I CAN USE JOJOBA OIL…”
- “For my lips!” – I like putting this on my lips because it’s non-comedogenic, in other words, it won’t clog your pores. It’s so natural and doesn’t contain nasty ingredients. Just put a few drops on your finger and apply it onto your lips.
- “It’s a great makeup remover!” – It won’t aggravate your skin or eyes. I like removing my eye makeup with jojoba because there’s no toxic chemicals, and best of all, it’s a great anti-wrinkle eye oil.
- “My skin feels silky smooth!” – Add a few drops of this anti-ageing oil to any facial moisturiser and see how quickly it eliminates dryness and flakiness. Your skin will look well-nourished and really supple. It’ll look like you’ve been drinking litres and litres of water! I like massaging it all over my face, neck and décolletage after a warm shower
- “It makes my hair grow!” – Massaging jojoba oil onto your scalp promotes new hair cell growth. It also gives your hair follicles a deep cleanse by removing excess sebum. Remember too much sebum on your scalp clogs hair follicles. That means you’ll lose hair! *gasp* Jojoba penetrates the hair shaft – making it stronger, shinier, thicker and healthier. Use this oil and you’ll have healthier hair growth.
- “Great for shavers!” – Men, listen up! Put some jojoba oil on your beard and mustache area before you apply your shaving cream, and you’ll have a much better shave. Who likes razor burns anyway!? Your skin will be soft!
- “Get someone to give you a massage!” – Jojoba oil is the ultimate massage oil! It won’t make you break out like other pore clogging oils, and will put you into relax mode.
- “Put it on your cuticles!” – Tired of looking at your dried cuticles? Then say goodbye to them with jojoba oil. Just a few drops all over your nails will zap the dryness away.
- “It’s my bedtime beauty secret!” – I rub jojoba oil on my face and neck before bed. I don’t add it with my night cream, but you can if you want. I like to let my face breathe more at night, so I find the oil on its own works best. And don’t worry, you won’t break out! Many top of the range cosmetic companies add jojoba oil in their products. Why? Because they know it’s one of the best skin ingredients in the world.
- 24/7 Moisture – Some popular water based moisturisers leave your skin begging for more moisturiser, but not jojoba oil. This baby provides moisture all day long. Your skin will thank thee!
- Doesn’t Rot – Jojoba oil won’t lose any of its powerful antioxidants and benefits after keeping it on the shelf for a long time. Yes, jojoba oil doesn’t come cheap, but a bonus is it’s got a long shelf life!
- Mimics Skin Oil – It balances oil production by fooling your skin into thinking it has made plenty of oil. Remember, a few drops go a long way. If you don’t want to look too shiny, don’t use too much oil. 🙂
- Reduces Lines & Wrinkles – Jojoba oil rejuvenates your skin and promotes new cell growth. Your skin rapidly absorbs the oil making it soft and youthful. It restores skin suppleness and promotes skin elasticity. Jojoba oil makes a great under-eye treatment.
- Acne – Believe it or not, jojoba oil can help your acne. Many of you may think, “How can putting oil on oily skin help combat acne?” Other oils may make your acne worse, but not jojoba oil. Jojoba oil dissolves your pore clogging sebum – ultimately unblocking your pores. It’ll balance and regulate your sebum production. It’ll also help fade scars and nourish your skin. Remember jojoba oil alone won’t get rid of your acne, but it will help tremendously. You’ll have to change your diet to totally erase acne.
- Stretch Marks and Acne Scars – Jojoba oil’s ability to restore a natural pH balance in the skin, moisturise, and protect make it an effective treatment of scars and other skin ailments like eczema and arthritis.
Let me know what you think about jojoba oil. Has it improved your skin?