Jojoba Oil Fights Wrinkles

A jojoba plant in all of its glory.

I absolutely love jojoba oil for my skin.  It’s the ONLY oil similar to human sebum, so it’s perfect for your skin!

WHAT IS JOJOBA?

Jojoba’s pronounced as “ho-H0-bah.” Don’t let them catch you saying, “Joe-joe-bah.” Jojoba originates from California and hails from the Simmondsia chinensis family. You may remember seeing that name in your skin care products, e.g. moisturisers and cleansers.

This wild shrub dwells in the deserts of Arizona, California and Mexico. Due to its popularity, many other countries are now growing jojoba, e.g. Argentina, Australia, Israel, and Peru.

The seeds below hold this anti-ageing ester. Best of all, it doesn’t go bad quickly like almond oil and coconut oil – that’s because it doesn’t contain triglycerides. Jojoba oil has so many benefits! Soon you’ll see why I can’t get enough of it.

jojoba oil vivien veil

“I CAN USE JOJOBA OIL…”

• “For my lips!” – I like putting this on my lips because it’s non-comedogenic, in other words, it won’t clog your pores. It’s so natural and doesn’t contain nasty ingredients. Just put a few drops on your finger and apply it onto your lips.
  • “It’s a great makeup remover!” – It won’t aggravate your skin or eyes. I like removing my eye makeup with jojoba because there’s no toxic chemicals, and best of all, it’s a great anti-wrinkle eye oil.
  • “My skin feels silky smooth!” – Add a few drops of this anti-ageing oil to any facial moisturiser and see how quickly it eliminates dryness and flakiness.  Your skin will look well-nourished and really supple. It’ll look like you’ve been drinking litres and litres of water! I like massaging it all over my face, neck and décolletage after a warm shower
  • “It makes my hair grow!” – Massaging jojoba oil onto your scalp promotes new hair cell growth. It also gives your hair follicles a deep cleanse by removing excess sebum. Remember too much sebum on your scalp clogs hair follicles. That means you’ll lose hair! *gasp* Jojoba penetrates the hair shaft – making it stronger, shinier, thicker and healthier. Use this oil and you’ll have healthier hair growth.
  • “Great for shavers!” – Men, listen up! Put some jojoba oil on your beard and mustache area before you apply your shaving cream, and you’ll have a much better shave. Who likes razor burns anyway!? Your skin will be soft!
  • “Get someone to give you a massage!” – Jojoba oil is the ultimate massage oil! It won’t make you break out like other pore clogging oils, and will put you into relax mode.
  • “Put it on your cuticles!” – Tired of looking at your dried cuticles? Then say goodbye to them with jojoba oil. Just a few drops all over your nails will zap the dryness away.
  • “It’s my bedtime beauty secret!” – I rub jojoba oil on my face and neck before bed. I don’t add it with my night cream, but you can if you want. I like to let my face breathe more at night, so I find the oil on its own works best. And don’t worry, you won’t break out! Many top of the range cosmetic companies add jojoba oil in their products. Why? Because they know it’s one of the best skin ingredients in the world.

Jojoba Oil Benefits

• 24/7 Moisture – Some popular water based moisturisers leave your skin begging for more moisturiser, but not jojoba oil. This baby provides moisture all day long. Your skin will thank thee!
  • Doesn’t Rot – Jojoba oil won’t lose any of its powerful antioxidants and benefits after keeping it on the shelf for a long time. Yes, jojoba oil doesn’t come cheap, but a bonus is it’s got a long shelf life!
  • Mimics Skin Oil – It balances oil production by fooling your skin into thinking it has made plenty of oil. Remember, a few drops go a long way. If you don’t want to look too shiny, don’t use too much oil. 🙂
  • Reduces Lines & Wrinkles – Jojoba oil rejuvenates your skin and promotes new cell growth. Your skin rapidly absorbs the oil making it soft and youthful. It restores skin suppleness and promotes skin elasticity.  Jojoba oil makes a great under-eye treatment.
  • Acne – Believe it or not, jojoba oil can help your acne. Many of you may think, “How can putting oil on oily skin help combat acne?” Other oils may make your acne worse, but not jojoba oil. Jojoba oil dissolves your pore clogging sebum – ultimately unblocking your pores. It’ll balance and regulate your sebum production. It’ll also help fade scars and nourish your skin. Remember jojoba oil alone won’t get rid of your acne, but it will help tremendously. You’ll have to change your diet to totally erase acne.
  • Stretch Marks and Acne Scars – Jojoba oil’s ability to restore a natural pH balance in the skin, moisturise, and protect make it an effective treatment of scars and other skin ailments like eczema and arthritis.

Let me know what you think about jojoba oil. Has it improved your skin?

Advertisements

21 comments on “Jojoba Oil Fights Wrinkles

1. Selian devi says:

I just want to double check and ask anyone who is using jojoba oil specifically to get rid of wrinkles under the eyes. I am 26 and have recently noticed that I’ve got wrinkles under both eyes, its really getting to me and you can see them when I put my makeup on. Will the oil get rid of them? I have brought an eye serum and to be honest that hasn’t worked. Please say this will work as it’s getting me down.

• Vivien Veil says:

Hi Selian,

I’ve used jojoba oil for a few years now, and I have had good results. However, I can’t attribute my lack of undereye wrinkles solely to jojoba oil. I also drink a minimum of 2 litres of water a day (sometimes up to 3 litres a day), eat a lot of raw foods, do juice cleanses, gravity colonics, and perform other detoxification methods on a regular basis. It all boils down to how “clean” the inside of your body is. A toxic body will ultimately resort to more premature wrinkles. Hope this advice helps. 😉

• HAW031 says:

I would not put a jojoba oil under my eyes, personally but that’s me. I have never tried it but I know that jojoba Oil is very drying to oily skin, but also waxy as it goes on. I would assume it would cause problems in the under eye area, especially if you are middle-aged. I’ve always assumed a this oil would cause under-eye wrinkles and milia. As I said, I have always heard that it is very drying to oily skin & scalp, and I just used it (1st time in years) and it does indeed dry it, but I also live in an arid climate. I would say test it on the cheek and then use it at your own discretion very carefuly if you go undereyes,l because wrinkles there are usually irreversible. Tho I have reversed some cause by retinol with rose water and fish oil. noW, I always have those on hand. Good luck.

• HAW031 says:

UGH! My internet crashed and they missed my reply. Basically I was saying do not use j oil under the eyes because it is very thick waxy and drying and I suspect it would cause wrinkles and milia. At least, that is what I have always heard. Good luck to you

2. bano sheikh says:

i am in DEN HAAG HOLLAND where i can bay jojobaoil and other produt.

3. Anonymous says:

jojoba is very beneficial and you can add rosemary oil for scalp massage.jojoba will not cause breakouts and will leave your skin much better than it found it.

4. […] Jojoba Oil Fights Wrinkles Hot and Flashy — a fun You Tube channel by a beautiful 50-year-old woman who reviews lots and products. […]

5. Anonymous says:

Its only $8.00 a bottle at Trader Joe’s! 🙂

6. This oil is so beneficial. Thank you for sharing so many uses of oil.

7. Anonymous says:

Just started using jojoba oil on my face and body after showering and I can’t get enough of it. My skin feels amazing, and if anything it’s cleared up my face. I tried it in my hair though, but had a really hard time getting it out even with shampoo.

8. rose C. says:

Thanks so much for sharing, really appreciate. All you posted are very true fact.

9. Anonymous says:

I used it on my hair the other day and it looked better than ever after I washed it. Other oils tend to leave a heavy build up. I also put it on my face before I went to bed at night and my skin looked really moist and even the next day. Highly recommend it!

10. Sol Vickerson says:

Jojoba oil is really great for treating acne. It sort of unclogs the pores by dissolving hardened sebum. :’`’*

Take care http://www.foodsupplementdigest.com/apple-cider-vinegar-for-hair/

11. Anonymous says:

I just read jojoba oil in one of my expensive creams. I think I might buy a bottle of jojoba and use it straight on my face like you.

12. Preston says:

Hola! Gracias por este articulo.

13. Jessie says:

I just bought some Neil Yard’s jojoba oil the other day online. Oh man, it’s soooooo awesome. I love it!! Thanks for reminding me of its benefits! I find that it doesn’t break me out at all unlike other stupid oils.

Oh, and don’t ever put sunflower oil on your face.

14. Natalie says:

I’m going to order some of this jojoba oil now. You convinced me! I just hope I don’t break out!!

15. Grace says:

bonjour i found your website today and I have read some awesome articles over here. thanks for this particular article. i always wondered what the benefits of this oil would do.

What are you waiting for? Please leave a comment below.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s