By the looks of it, we’re unknowingly making ourselves sick. I mean, who wants to wash their face with engine degreaser?! Our soaps, shampoos, body lotions, makeup and so forth contain more than 125 ingredients known to cause cancer.
Just look at the back of your beauty products and you’ll see that the majority of them contain Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) and Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES).
Most of these chemicals cause a host of problems, such as hormonal disruptions, allergies, headaches, depression, chronic fatigue, birth defects, weakens your immune system, learning disabilities, hyperactivity, irritability, memory loss and even CANCER.
Please try and avoid using products with any of these toxic chemicals. Remember the companies putting these deadly ingredients in your favorite products are out to make lots of profit.
Oh, and one more thing… You’re going to have to check the labels of products claiming to be “NATURAL.” Why? Even those contain toxic ingredients. Maybe not so many, but they’ve got some of them in there. So, read labels very carefully. Below are some of the most common ingredients you should look out for:
- FD&C Color Pigments, ex: Blue No. 1 or D&C followed by a number and color
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) and Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES) – use this if you want to age your hair and skin.
- DEA (Diethanolamine), MEA (Monoethanolamine), & TEA (Triethanolamine)
- Propylene Glycol (PG) and Butylene Glycol – will age your skin faster than you can say, “Wrinkles.”
- Mineral Oil – Use this baby if you want poor saggy skin. Don’t ever use BABY OIL!
- Parabens (Propyl, Methyl, Butyl, or Ethyl)
- Imidazolidinyl & Diazolidinyl Urea
Want to check what ingredients are in your favorite products? Check this website out: Skin Deep Website