Although these lychees are summer fruits, I’m enjoying them in snowy London today. This sweet juicy fruit give me loads of energy!
Lychees are also loaded with vitamin C – making them perfect this time of the year. I can’t tell you how many flu laden people I’ve seen walking the streets of London.
BENEFITS OF MUNCHING ON LYCHEES
- Improves blood flow in your organs
- Cancer Killer – lychees prevent the growth of cancer cells. Thanks to its flavonoids! So wave goodbye to breast cancer!
- UV Protector – protects your skin from deadly UV rays
- Vitamin C Powerhouse – just 100 grams supplies 71.5 mg of your daily recommended value
- Great source of B-Complex vitamins (thiamin, niacin and folates). These vitamins help your body metabolize carbs, protein and fats.
- Potassium and Copper – both essential for a healthy body. Potassium controls your blood pressure and heart rate. Copper helps produce red blood cells.
- Combats Aging – its polyphenols act as antioxidants, so eat these babies and you’ll combat the effects of aging, diabetes, and heart disease. Lychees are 2nd to strawberries when it comes to having the most polyphenols.